When you're in a car accident or your car windshield sustains damage, it's important to understand the signs that auto glass replacement is needed. Keeping up with auto glass repair and auto glass replacement can be difficult for many people, but it's important to follow these steps if you need auto glass service:
1) Keep an eye on your windshield wiper fluid. You may need to replace it before you require other auto glass repairs. The main cause of having problems with visibility is the air and water hitting your windshield at high speeds--this creates scratches and pits on the exterior of the windshield. The chemicals found in most fluid makes this worse by cleaning away any water that might have been left over from rain, all while exacerbating the issue further, which can lead to the need for auto glass replacement.
2) Inspect your windshield for cracks and chips. If you notice anything--even a small chip or crack in the windshield where it meets the dashboard of your car, you should seek to get it repaired as soon as possible. In many cases, auto glass repair is more affordable than auto glass replacement, so explore all options before making a decision.
3) Watch out for bubbles in the auto glass itself. While some bubbles may be a result of a crack or pit on the exterior of your windshield, small air bubbles that come up from inside the auto glass indicate a larger issue with your vehicle's windshields. Auto glass service centers such as Northdale Auto Glass can usually replace these pieces within an hour or so.
4) Examine the seal of your auto glass. If the sealant around the auto glass is coming up, it's a sign that you need auto glass replacement. Because windshields are designed to keep water out of your car, any leakage can cause extensive damage over time and may even require auto electrical work to fix.
5) Take into account your driving habits. If you drive a lot or live in an area with severe weather conditions, you're more likely to need auto glass repair and/or auto glass replacement services more often than those who don't. No one wants to have to go through the hassle (and cost) of getting their car windshield replaced, but sometimes it's unavoidable. By being aware of the problems in your auto glass in advance, you can use auto glass repair to take care of the problem before it gets worse. Look out for these symptoms and treat your windshield as soon as you notice anything wrong with it.
However, if replacement has become your only option, Northdale Auto Glass is here for you. We are North Tampa's premier auto glass replacement company, offering top-notch service and outstanding customer focus at reasonable prices. Contact us today at (813) 303-0553 for a free quote!
Mon – Fri 7:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday/Sunday – CLOSED